Giving importance to dental health knows no age. The proper care of mouth and teeth must start from infancy to adulthood. However, different approaches in all stages of life are observed when it comes to taking care of the dental health. If correctly done, one can achieve healthy and strong teeth throughout the entire life!
We at Bedford Dental give an ideal dental experience to our existing and new patients. Our Regular Checkups which include professional teeth cleaning, digital x-rays, and oral cancer screening help patients improve their overall dental health making them live a more quality life. Our team is experienced enough to make sure that patients will get a more accurate and reliable treatment from our practice. In addition, we also make it possible to give patients a more convenient scheduling and financial options. To create their dental experience more fun, we also utilize a children’s play area with video games for our young patients and televisions in extra rooms too. Regular Checkups does not have to be boring at Bedford Dental!
Oral Care Routine in All Life Stages
Kid-friendly Dental Care. Decay can happen as soon as the first tooth appears. Parents must be committed to practicing proper oral care to their child during this stage. Here are some kid-friendly oral care routine for kids:
- Even before the teeth erupt, start cleaning the child’s mouth by wiping off the gums. To do this, wrap a wet washcloth around the finger and gently wipe it in all sides of the baby’s gums.
- Brushing using a pea-sized fluoride toothpaste must start at the age of two.
- Teach the child to brush the teeth twice daily for two minutes and floss at least once a day.
- The first dental appointment of a child should be scheduled as the first tooth erupts or around their first birthday. It should then be scheduled regularly, every six months.
- Ask the dentist for some additional treatments such as fluoride applications and dental sealants.
Adult-techniques for Healthy Mouth. During this stage of life, proper brushing, flossing, and mouth rinsing are vital to keeping away harmful substances that can cause damage or oral complications. There are simple techniques to do this:
- When brushing, use a soft-bristled brush and replace it every three to four months.
- To brush the teeth, angle the toothbrush 45 degrees to the gums. Start a gentle stroke back and forth. Do not forget to brush the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of the teeth. Make sure to include the tongue too.
- See the dentist every six months for regular checkups and cleanings.
- Be aware of the occurrence of gum disease. To avoid this, make sure to properly clean the mouth especially in between the spaces of the teeth and near the gum line.
- Limit sugary and starch intake.
Savvy Senior Strategies. Cavities are not just for kids. Adulthood is the stage where people are at a higher risk of acquiring certain dental conditions that can be linked to health problems. To prevent this, consider these strategies:
- Brushing the teeth is still necessary, even when using dental prostheses like dentures or implants. For convenience, use an electric toothbrush. It helps clean the entire mouth effortlessly.
- Tooth sensitivity is common in seniors. Opting for anti-sensitivity toothpaste and mouthwash can help.
- Let the dentist check on the conditions of the overall dental health for some complications are associated with diabetes, heart disease, and many more.
- Also, ask for additional treatments such as dental restorations to help preserve oral wellness and health.
You deserve outstanding dental care services. We provide Regular Checkups in Bedford Park, IL. Book your appointment with us at Bedford Dental and let us help you achieve a beautiful and healthy teeth! We are located at 7250 S. Cicero Ave., Unit F, Bedford Park, IL 60629.